Monday 19 April 2021

RIP Helen McCrory

I learned some very sad truly shocking news this weekend: English actress Helen McCrory died at 52 from cancer. Any death due to cancer is tragic, but at such a still young age and to such a talented actress, it is even more so. You may remember that I went to see the National Theatre's production of Medea, by Euripides, back in 2014. McCrory played the title role and she was absolutely mesmerising in it. This was one ofthe best play I've ever seen and she did one of the best stage performance I ever seen. I had promise myself to check more of her work on stage. Sadly, this did not happen. I feellike an idiot just typing this. But I hope to see more of her production and enjoy her legacy. I encourage you to do the same and especially, if you can, to watch her as Medea. Helen McCrory was a great actress and a true thespian.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

she was incredible and one of my absolute favorite actors. i feel so sad about this and for her husband and children.