Friday 23 April 2021

Saint George's Day (and a pub)

Happy Saint George's Day everyone!Saint George, who is of course the most famous dragon killer and the patron saint of England. I usually share a picture to go with the post, but I have none that is new, so this post will have to do by itself. Fun fact: like in many English townsor villages, we have a local pub called... George and the Dragon. This is where I would normally go to celebrate. That said: 1)since it changed ownership circa 2008, it became a pretty rubbish pub, looking kind of beige and with the poorest service among all the pubs here and 2)until the situation gets better, I'd rather avoid pubs altogether. So I will spend no time at this George and Dragon. Maybe one Saint George's Day I will celebrate in one aptly named pub, although I doubt it ill be this particular aptly named pub.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Just have a beer at home and toast St George! Or the dragon, if that's more your speed.