Friday 9 April 2021

The Nation's Favourite Fish&Chips

It's Friday, therefore Fish Friday, so I thought I would blog about fish and chips again. When we ordered them from the local chips shop last Friday, the meal came into this bag, which made a strong impression on Wolfie: he thought it was a lovely bag, a beautiful bag and he did not want me to put it into the recycling. It was the claim on the bag that caught my attention: "THE NATION'S FAVOURITE Fine FISH & CHIPS." It might be a bit presumpuous to say this, as it is just a local shop, and from what I know it is not a part of a chain, but it is one of my favourite fish and chips shopsin England and they have been consistently reliable in produt and service quality. So yes, even though we live pretty much inland and you'd think the best fish and chips would be closer to the sea, maybe it deserves the claim that this is the nation's favourite.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

every single bar in my city has a sign saying that they make the #1 best fish sandwich. this city is crazy for fish sandwiches.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

If the bag says it, surely it must be true? In any event, enjoy your dinner!