Thursday 25 July 2019

Cream Soda (and memories)

I recently stumbled on a can of cream soda from A.G. Barr in a local corner shop. I hadn't had cream soda in decades, so i decided to buy some. Growing up, my parents were fairly strict about the treats we could eat and drink and we never had cream soda or colas at home. My grandmother on my mother's side, however, was always spoiling her grandchildren and we had there were stocks of soft drinks with different flavours, including cream soda. Some cheap brands that don't exist anymore. My cousins, my brothers and I drank them eagerly. So I had that can last Saturday. It tastes exactly like I remembered: horribly sweet, more like liquid ice cream or cream cake. Absolutely vile and not at all refreshing. That said, I will drink more. It's only 49p, for one, and it does remind me of my childhood.

2 comments:

PJ said...

La compagnie s'appelle AG Barr? Ils vont avoir un problème de branding avec William Barr, attorney general des plus corrompus aux États. Un exemple.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Was that the pinky/red cream soda? I always preferred the clear cream soda. It didn't taste as sweet, somehow.