Sunday 21 July 2019

Cutting grass with Wolfie and his granddad

My parents-in-law came today to see their grandson. Wolfie adores his grandfather, so he was overjoyed. He also wanted us to play in the garden with him, therefore we spent a good deal of time outside. His favourite game today was to go around the garden with his little toy tractor and the trailer that goes with it and filling the trailer with grass. He was enthusiastic tearing off bits of grass from the lawn and putting it there. Moments like this makes me glad to be a lousy gardener: I don't have a lawn that is worth saving from the games of my son. When my mother-in-law asked if he wanted to sit down on the chair, grandpa (or daddad as he is called) said: "Of course not. We are very busy cutting grass and you can't cut grass sitting in a chair, everybody knows that." Grandfather's logic. I think it deserves to be a new great unknown line.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Daddad is absolutely right!