Friday 12 July 2019

The Haunted House Game

I took this picture in Devon, if I am not mistaken it was in Dartington. I think I took a picture of it because it looks like a haunted house (of the abandoned kind), looking very sinister in spite of its sunny and flowery surroundings, the kind of place that would fit perfectly daylight horror spooky stories. When I was a child imagining a haunted house in a quaint English setting, I imagined a place like that. I used to think a lot of haunted places then. In fact, during the summer holidays (but not exclusively) one of the many make belief games my brothers and I was playing haunted house (or haunted manor, or haunted castle). We were ghost hunters looking to exorcise such place as on this picture, or simply ordinary guys who ended up staying at the wrong B&B and had to deal with spectral apparitions, animated skeletons and the likes. We had many spooky games, this was one of our recurring ones. I guess a part of my mind was always on Halloween.

No comments: