Wednesday 17 July 2019

The stench of tobacco

Yesterday in the afternoon, my wife opened our bedroom windows (on the first floor) for some fresh air. Then when I got home, she went to get something in the bedroom, only to find it stinking with the smell of cigarettes. It was the next door neighbour, or one of her friends, who was smoking in her garden. The smoke and the smell, oh the vile smell, had gone up to our bedroom. I am not sure if I should bring it up, but it was really unpleasant. It took ages for the stench to go. There is nothing I find more disgusting than the smell of cigarettes. I hate it even more when it invades my private space.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Now that cannabis is legal in Canada, I smell that skunky smell all the time coming in my balcony windows from people smoking up out of their balconies. The smell of regular cigarettes is a relief these days. The other day someone was smoking a cigar -- yuck. There's nothing you can do about it though.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i don't mind if people smoke as long as it doesn't intrude on my space!