Monday 15 July 2019

Apples growing

We recently went to a charity event held in a nearby primary school. Before leaving, I quickly took a picture of the apple tree. I find it quite nice that there is an apple tree there, but I took the picture for another reason: the apples looked quite red and already large for this time of year. Maybe (most likely) it is wishful thinking of my part and I know that apples of different varieties ripen at different times, but I thought it could be a sign that autumn is on its way. Apple is of course the fruit of autumn, so I always check apple trees to see how advance the fruits are, even though I know than an apple does not make the season.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i had the same first thought when i saw your pic. it's killer hot and humid here and i am wilting. fall can't come soon enough!