Friday 19 July 2019

KLM is against motherhood

I never liked KLM. Back when I was a young boy and we were traveling as a family to Europe, we used this airline a lot. I dreaded it. I disliked the food, the entertainment, everything. Now I see that the company is even worse than I remembered. I read that a KLM flight attendant told a breastfeeding woman to cover herself while she was breastfeeding her baby daughter, as of not to offend other passengers. Now it produced a huge backlash on social media and yet another Twitter storm. This time, for good reasons. Because that policy is stupid, prudish and downright anal... Their excuse about not offending people of certain cultures and backgrounds (gee, I wonder which ones). They literally put the (ahem) "cultural" susceptibilities of some hypothetical passengers ahead of the most needs of a baby and her mother. I thought that in the XXIst century, mothers had the right to breastfeed their baby when and where they deemed fit. Period. A baby should feed when hungry. Period. I never liked KLM, I now have the proof that this was not just an impression. KLM sucks. Pun completely intended.

No comments: