Wednesday 10 July 2019

About an alleged bank robbery

No, no, I did not rob a bank, in fact it has nothing to do with a real bank robbery and it did not happen to me. Fellow Godless heathen and former atheist celebrity Ariane Sherine told on her own blog (on WordPress now, the horror, the horror) about a time when she was 17 and a bank manager called the police because she tried to force herself into a NatWest branch after business hours to bank a cheque. But read her post yourself, it is her story after all. I thought it was very funny. The kind of story I wish I could have told. This was my comment on it: "Given all the trouble this manager and the police went through, I think you should have robbed that bank." I think it deserves to be a great unknown line. If I don't have such anecdote to tell because I was not so rebellious at 17, at least i can say something funny about it.

1 comment:

Ariane said...

Thanks for the mention! You are very funny.