Tuesday 16 July 2019

Giant Jellyfish

When I was a kid, I used to love stories, real or invented, about the deep blue sea. Part of me is still fascinated by sea creatures. So a piece of news recently caught my attention about a giant jellyfish that was spotted and filmed off the coast of Cornwall. Apparently, the creature is quite gentle and the sting is not lethal. I would not risk getting too close to it though. Watch the video, you will find the jellyfish quite impressive. It is the stuff of legends. I found the this discovery fascinating. It shows that even in our day and age, the ocean still hides mysteries that we can unveil.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I didn't know they could get that big!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i saw this on the news! unreal! i wouldn't get near it.