Wednesday 24 July 2019

Seagulls are a portent of doom

Recently, and even though we are far from the sea, I often heard the cries of flocks of seagulls. Even though I cannot see them, I can hear them. They cry is rather harsh and somewhat menacing, especially when you cannot see the birds when hearing it. I became increasingly distrustful and wary of seagulls, as I witnessed their daring behaviour when on holidays. I discovered that my distrust for seagulls might actually be justified: today I read this article from The Guardian, about seagulls )seemingly) becoming more aggressive, nasty, if not downright violent. Read this and tell me what you think. Of course, what comes to my mind automatically is a certain movie. It also reminds me that I have the book the film is based on and that I should find time to read it.

1 comment:

Lady M said...

I like gulls - you can't blame them for being adaptable and opportunistic. After all, humans are the same. It is hard for wildlife in an increasingly human centered world. The species that dare make a go of it, we vilify -like rats, roaches, pigeons and gulls.