Saturday 10 March 2018

The Action Men are back!

I blogged before about this local fancy clothes shop which used in its window to advertise Action Men, a classic brand of action figures, the British equivalent of GI Joe, very popular here (my brother-in-law apparently was quite fond of them as a child). After a couple of weeks in the window, they were gone, which saddened me, as I had gone quite fond of these small models, with their military demeanor, their scar and their overall coolness. I guess is triggered the child in me, there is something about them that reminds me of my old make belief games and the dangerous adventures I dreamed about. And they are British, so they are also classy and somehow different from what you would u.

And today, as we were walking in town, I noticed that they were back! Some of them holding banners proclaiming "100% Made In Britain". It makes sense that Action Men advertise
old-fashioned, posh British clothes. We had lots of things to do, but I took a few moments to take a few snapshots. Not very good ones, but still. I really find them uber cool and wish they could keep them on display all year long, displayed differently depending of the time of year. I wonder why they show up now. In any case, I will take a look at them again. One day, when he is old enough, I might buy some for Wolfie.

No comments: