Saturday 17 March 2018

Guinness time

It has been more difficult to fully celebrate Saint Paddy's Day this year: lousy weather made us stay home, and with a young child I had to moderate myself in every way. That said, I could not celebrate without one obligatory Guinness. One pint, no more, in the afternoon. This is all I had. I enjoyed it fully. In fact, drinking it I was struck by something: I had forgotten how good a stout is, all smooth, creamy, filling. It used to be my poison for all year round or almost, when I started living in the UK. Guinness was the companion of many drunken nights, and many days of hangovers... Because Guinness is a merciless beer for hangovers. All the same, I still love it.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i never developed a taste for this or any beer for that matter. but i do cook with it!