Tuesday 20 March 2018

The Famous Grouse

Here is a funny story that will hopefully brighten up your day. So a couple of days ago, a colleague was going to the corner shop and asked if we wanted anything. I said: "A bottle of Scotch would be nice." He got back with this. A shot of The Famous Grouse. Now I have often seen this brand of whisky before, but I never tried it. And, I must confess, I didn't even drink this bottle yet. I need to be in the right state of mind to drink Scotch, or any spirits: having had a pint or two of beer before, in a late evening as a night cap, or simply because I need a strong spirit right then and there. But I will try to drink that shot of Famous Grouse this weekend and see why it's so famous. I might even make a new tradition of trying new spirits, particularly whisky, in small bottles like this one.

No comments: