Monday 12 March 2018

How to celebrate St Paddy's?

In less than a week, it is Saint Patrick's Day. One of my favourite holy day, celebrating a nation I deeply love. And I really wonder how to celebrate this year: the local Irish pub is now gone and I am now a father, which limited me considerably last year. I think I will mostly celebrate it on this very blog, as I always do in any case. This is here that I share my past experiences with drunkenness, her, I mean, partying, here where I share what I learned about and from Irish culture. I might sound like an old man, but I do think I have a few memories and thought that do deserve to be put in writing here. And my liver cannot take as much abuse as it used to. Come to think of it, this might be quite an interesting St Paddy's, albeit lived mostly virtually.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i'm bracing myself for next saturday. this city has one of the biggest st. patty's celebrations in the country and a lot of it will be happening right in front of my house. plus the weather will be warm.

Ms Misantropia said...

I was actually thinking about celebrating St Patrick's this year. But I will do it the traditionally drunk and disorderly way, I think :)