Friday 29 April 2016

This Friday's sandwich treat

Every Friday, I don't eat a lunch I made myself, instead I buy one at the local sandwich shop near work. It is my treat to celebrate the coming of the weekend. I am a man of habits, so I have the same thing: a can of Coke, a baguette with chicken mayonnaise, with tomatoes, lettuce, onions and black olives (green olives when I can, but they seldom have green olives). The olives make the difference and truly turn this rather banal sandwich into something else. I sometimes add peanuts. They don't have salted peanuts, so I go for dry roasted peanuts (from KP). I bought the bag of peanuts today as well, because this weekend is a three days bank holiday weekend, so that deserved a bag of peanuts to celebrate. But this time, the guy at the till, who knows my order by heart, had forgotten the onions. So it was somewhat disappointing: something was missing. On the plus side, this coming weekend I intend to renew with other gastronomical treats. I will blog about them, for now suffice to say I know they will not be disappointing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like a mighty fine lunch and I'll be back to see what you come up with this weekend!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i am an olive person and the type of olive does change the taste.