Monday 27 August 2018

Is autumn finally on its way?

We have had a very hot summer, with heatwaves over heatwaves. I thus want to be careful saying what I will say, but it seems that can finally see some signs of autumn: in the last few days it has been much cooler, sometimes even lower than twenty, enough so I can put a long sleeve (yet still light) jumper. Also, the apples are ripening, as you cans ee on this picture (taken at my parents-in-law's garden), which is generally a fairly sure sign of the coming season. It might sound silly for me to say this:autumn will come as it always does, but what I mean is autumn as it should be, with all the appearance and feel of the season: cooler temperatures, change of colours, etc. We have been fairly lucky in recent years, 2015 and 2017 particularly were ideal autumns here and, while 2016 started sometimes a bit too hot (but I was too busy preparing and adapting to Wolfie's coming in this world to be bothered by it), it quickly became more typically autumnal. So there you have it. I am ready for autumn, what about you?

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

it was almost 80 degrees at 4:00am today. the humidity is in the upper 90's. i could cry!