Wednesday 8 August 2018

The fig tree in the alleyway

I took this picture of the fig tree two weeks or so ago. I blogged a few times about this alleyway and its fig tree, which is from a private garden next to it, but which branches are so long that they cover the side walk completely, as if it was a natural roof of branches and leaves. I simply love it, I love the shade under it. It is maybe my favourite spot in town. during my one single time in Italy, I used to go figs picking (you can read about it here). From what I remember, every single Italian family has its own fig tree. So this tree reminds me of then, it is like a small piece of Italy planted in England.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i am in the process of removing all my fig trees. they stopped producing and were taking up too much room. nothing better than a warm fig right off the tree.