Monday 20 August 2018

Growing pumpkin

Guess what we found in my in-laws`garden? A pumpkin! Still green, still growing. When it is ripe and has a nice orange colour, my parents-in-laws will make something edible of it, a soup or something. I suggested carving a Jack O'Lantern, although it might not have the right shape for carving a face. And today is the birthday of H.P. Lovecraft, the grandfather of modern horror. It is not related to this growing pumpkin, but maybe it is. I will try to read some of his horror stories in his honour, as I have already started my pre-Halloween reading list. Even though there is still a long time to go and it does not feel very autumnal, I am in a Halloween mood. In fact, the 20th of August, being Lovecraft.s birthday, can be my official non official start to my countdown to Halloween. Take theis (still) green pumpkin as a sort of milestone on the way to the 31st of October.

1 comment:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i really need to find a pumpkin!