Monday 30 July 2018

Back to School in July?

I blogged before about Tinc, the chain of stationary shops full of cool designs, but that often irritates me when they start advertising the time before getting back to school. You know, when you, or rather your parents, must start stationary and stuff. Well, they surpassed themselves as they have already started advertising it! In July! The end of July, but still. So yesterday, I saw this board in the local shop's window. "Stay cool. Back to School." And school has barely been over. This always makes me feel melancholic, but also furious. If I had been a British kid, I would have thrown a brick at that window. Okay, maybe not that far, but can they just leave the kids alone?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

In our stores here in Canada they just this week started the school supplies adverts,, much too early, summer has barely begun for us, we still had snow in the woods 1st of June!!!

Pik-Cor said...

Yep. I'd have been tempted to throw a brick. Used to be, when I was a kid in the 60s, you'd see stuff in the stores late August / Labour Day weekend. Always a troublesome time for me as I did not want to go back to school but I loved the thought of new stationery supplies.

Oh, and the Michael's craft store here in St. John's, NL (Canada) has a couple of aisles full of Halloween stuff already!

Ack!

Nellie said...

Well, here in my local county, teachers go back for inservice this Wednesday, and students begin the school year on August 8! So....back to school has been in force for awhile here.