Monday 9 July 2018

From the last to the first page

So I recently finished this book. Like for every book I enjoy, finishing it is difficult. Then one has to start a new one, which is always quite exciting. I often don't start the new book right after finishing one. If I can, I wait for a day. I read things I started in between, like poetry or some books of short stories (there is always one of those somewhere I started but haven't finished yet). Or I read bits of a book I read ages ago, just for fun. But I try not to start a new novel after just finishing one. It is my way of saying farewell to the fictitious world I have been exploring. And you, how do you go from the last page to the first one?

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I always leave a bit of time -- a day or two -- between finishing one book and starting another. "One must cleanse the palate," lol.