Thursday 5 July 2018

Now is the summer of our discontent

Allow me to paraphrase Shakespeare on such trivial a topic, but this is exactly how I and many of us feel. Like in many other parts of the globe, the UK have had for the last week or so very hot and very dry weather. It is in fact scorching hot. Maybe not as bad as June 2017, at least the evenings cool down a little bit sometimes (but only sometimes) but far too hot and apparently the heatwave should go on for two more weeks at least. The worst might be yet to come. I am really dreading it. Last month, I had wished for summer to stay like it was. My wish has not been granted. I did well to quote Shakespeare: this is tragic irony. Now is the summer of our discontent...

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Try to stay cool!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

this has been the worst! we have had this horrid heat and humidity for weeks. we will have a could slightly cooler days and then right back up. just shoot me now!