Wednesday 13 June 2018

If summer can stay like this...

This is what I have been saying to myself since we started to have summery temperatures. Since May we have had warm weather, but not too many days of scorching heat. It has been mainly in the lower 20s at the most. There has been rain, but it never lasted and mostly at night. Just rainy enough to cool temperatures down. Both mornings and nights are a tad chilly. It has been, in sum, the kind of summer I love. I don't like when it is too hot, I find it uncomfortable and oppressive. Now this has been just right: it looks like the season is here all right, but not to the point where you'd think you are near a desert. And it's not all wet and miserable like, say, the summer of 2007. It is early, but I allowed myself to be cautiously optimistic: maybe, just maybe, summertime will actually be bearable this year and will go smoothly. Let's see.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i hope you get lucky and have a nice summer. we will be in the 90's for the next week here. i hate this weather!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

That's the kind of summer weather I like too. Hope it sticks around for you!

Rain said...

I am unpopular as I LOVE heat and humidity...I think it's because of the unbearably arctic winters here where I'm stuck indoors with cabin fever. Hope you have the summer you love though! :)