Tuesday 12 June 2018

The new wallet

A few months ago, I mentioned that I feared that have asked for my birthday presents suited for an old man. Among them, a wallet. Well, my wife did not buy me a new shaving kit, but she did buy me a new wallet. As my old one had fallen apart, I have started using the new one this week. And what a difference does a new wallet make in one's pocket. I cannot explain why. Maybe it is the real leather it is made of (I am counting my blessings: my wife being vegetarian she rarely buys anything with leather in it, for me or her), maybe it is because it's a rather upmarket brand, or maybe it is because it is really, really ergonomic with the perfect amount of pockets, the perfect shape, the perfect everything... But it's a great wallet. I know people only see it when I take it off, but it is like its elegance shines on me. I don't know if it is an old man's attitude, and I am not much of a consumer, but I really love my new wallet.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Mmmm, does it have that "new leather" smell?

Veggie Carrie said...

It's premium fake leather ;)