Saturday 30 June 2018

Mango Cider

One should choose his poisons wisely. Today, we went to a local pub and I saw this among the guest ciders. Lilley's Mango Cider. There were guest ales too, but apparently they also offer guest ciders. It is summer, it is hot, mango is a summery fruit, this looked exotic, so I thought I'd give it a try, a half pint of this cider after I had my usual pint of ale. That was a mistake. Not that it did not tasted nice. It did, at least at first. Then there is a lingering aftertaste that was far too sweet. I ended up feeling a tad nauseous and the heat didn't make things better. I know I had drunk beer before, but the cider was the treacherous drink I had. It's only a few hours afterwards that I started feeling better. Moral of the story: don't drink sweet drinks during a heatwave. Maybe avoid alcohol altogether.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, drinking alcohol is not recommended during a heat wave.

SmitoniusAndSonata said...

Everything's mango-y this year so you're very trendy. But mangoes can either be too sweet or a bit odd, like overipe bananas. Cider should just be made with apples.