Friday 22 June 2018

Time for homity pies?

During our trip in Devon, we discovered the homity pie, which is a local dish. We had our first slice in Cranks in Dartington. Well, I had proper homity pie and my wife had some variant I think (picture left). Recently, seeing the picture of one on her cousin's Facebook page, she recently decided that she was going to bake homity pie for the first time this weekend. Not the Cranks' recipe (which made the dish famous around the UK), but another one. I cannot believe we waited that long to bake our own as it truly is delicious. It will be great to rediscover it and, if it is a success make homity pie regularly.

4 comments:

Veggie Carrie said...

That's a quiche!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

never heard of this but i will be checking it out!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, what's in homity pie? It looks like quiche to me too!

Josée (Shandara) said...

Looking good!