Wednesday 6 June 2018

Sharks are terrifying

I took this picture at the National Museum in Cardiff. I don't know what kind of shark it is exactly, I should have taken notes when I was there, I don't think it is one that is necessarily dangerous for man but let's face it: he's terrifying all the same. I am fascinated by shark since I am a little boy, like so many little boys I guess, sharks have fed my nightmares as much as my imagination. Seeing one like this, even stuffed, even hanging there, it is very impressive. It's like being in the ocean and seeing it swimming above your head.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It seems like every time we go to Maui, some poor schmuck of a tourist gets bitten by a shark. They say it's a relatively rare occurrence, but I have my doubts. Probably just propaganda.