Friday 15 June 2018

Keeping calm and vigilant

This weekend, starting this evening, our town will have its local regatta. One of the downsides of leaving by the Thames. Which means a lot of people in fancy suits and dresses, from teenagers to elderly, will end up very, very drunk. I have seen it, I even nicknamed it Sodom and Regatta. There will be lots of police presence, and I know cops can be heavy handed if a drunkard becomes too loud or worse aggressive. Nevertheless, I will remain vigilant and will keep in mind at all time my old Krav Maga training. I say old but it does not date back from so long ago. In times like this, I am grateful for knowing this skill, even though I am still a novice. My loved ones and myself are safer for it.

2 comments:

Ariane said...

I did a Krav Maga course a while back, but could never remember the moves! I don't have a physical memory (I have the same problem with dance routines. Luckily I don't need to do dance routines for work, and hopefully will never need to use Krav Maga!)

jaz@octoberfarm said...

welcome to my world! it is like that here every day when the weather is nice. even in the winter!