Friday 8 April 2016

About Wimpy

Sometimes you want to make fresh food and eat healthy. And some other times you just want to treat yourself with some junk food because even though you know it's bad... It feels good. Bottom line: I love a good burger and chips,  sometimes I even love a cheap burger and chips, with a cola from a fast food chain. No, I do not mean McDonald's, I am referring to Wimpy. Which is not a poor man's McDonald's, it is rather a slightly fancier, more posh, a little bit more upmarket (but only very slightly) fast food chain. There is one Wimpy in the little town where I live, it is where my wife and I had one of our first Friday meals here and since then it remains one of our favourite places when we feel lazy and hungry... Or simply when we want to enjoy a true guilty pleasure. It is Friday, like that very first time I ate there, as it is a tradition on this blog I plug a menu or a meal from a restaurant on Friday, so tonight it is Wimpy's turn. It's not fancy at all. It's just good in a bad (very bad) way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

good in a very bad way, lol,,
we all need a junk food fix once in a while.
I have never heard of this Fast food place,, for some reason it made me think of Popeye!!

Rachel Lucas said...

Ahhh...the good old Wimpy bar! There are only a couple left now, but there used to be lots of them, before McDonalds. We always went to the one in High Wycombe during the school holidays as a special treat. I always had a Brown Derby for dessert...I can taste it now! A slightly stale, cold, ring doughnut with a scoop of ice cream in the centre and chocolate sauce & cream on top! My sisters usually had the Kinickerbocker Glory & had to kneel on the chair to reach it, as the glass was so tall! A real throwback to the 1970's! I'm always so pleased to visit your town and see that old familiar sign still there. We went to your one once after watching 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' back in 1981...such happy days!

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I remember Wimpy's from my childhood, long before we ever heard of Micky D's. Our nearest one closed a couple of years ago. Rather sentimental, bit like Little Chef of days gone by.

Anonymous said...

I do remember Wimpy's from my stay in England in 1989. Yes, a guilty pleasure!