Tuesday 20 June 2023

Aces High

The treasure I can find among someone else's bookshelves. During our last stay at my wife's parents' house, a couple of weeks ago, I stumbled upon this anthology of war comics. I love a good old war comics, or indeed any war story. I used to read them a lot at my grandmother's place, when I was a kid. I knew my father-in-law loved war stories, I had seen another of his omnibus in 2019. So this is another book I would have loved to, ahem, borrow from Wolfie's daddad. Maybe on our visit, but I am not sure he will let me, for one (he is not a fool), and I also have a huge pile of TBR books already.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Nice find! My brother used to collect war comics when we were kids. Sgt Rock, The Haunted Tank are two I remember.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It pays to keep your eyes peeled!