Saturday 17 June 2023

A Raven

 We went to an animal hospital/sanctuary today. It's a small place, but we enjoyed it a lot. Wolfie and his mum had been there before, a long time ago, but not me, so all the more reason to go there. A parent's life is often going to zoos and such sanctuaries. Anyway, I love wildlife, so I was happy to go there, even though there were not many pensioneers. Which must be a good thing. They had two ravens. I could not see them in their cage at first, they blended in their surroundings. I am always impressed when I see ravens, they are sinister yet beautiful birds. And they are huge! These two were anyway. I took a few snapshots, including this one, where I think the raven looks really scary.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

And their beaks are big and powerful!

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i love ravens! they are such smart birds. we have many of them here.