Monday 5 June 2023

Ascot Racecourse (in Wallingford)

We saw a lot of nice things during our last trip to Wallingford. This is what I love about this town: so many nice little palces and nice sights. There was one shop, a hat shop, which I never set foot in yet, that always has a really nice and inventive window dressing. It isalways topical. Last time, it featured a representation of Ascot Racecourse. My wife has been to Ascot at least once, I never went. I am not really into horseracing, but I can understand the appeal. It looks kind of glamorous. I think I prefer it like this with figures. It is still, but it looks all neat and fancy.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Isn't Ascot where all the women wear huge fancy hats?

Alison said...

Yep, there is a Ladies Day at Ascot and you can't attend without the obligatory hat. So that's me never going. The only hat I don't look stupid in is a ball cap and I can't see the Millinery trade doing much with my Fjallraven.

Veggie Carrie said...

I've never been to Ascot nor wore a fancy hat! It was the Windsor Racecourse. Mrs Vraiefiction.