Wednesday 21 June 2023

The longest day of the year

Today we are the 21st of June, therefore the summer solstice,the longest day of the year. For me, it is the longest day of the year in many ways: I find summer days very long and I long for the evening for the light to dim. So the longest day of the year (literally) is also to me the slowest day of the year as well. And it is a long, long day. I am dreading the weeks to come, however I find solace in the fact that once this day will be over, summertime will slowly, slowly wane.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

me too! it's all downhill from here. shhhh...i already have a few fall things out on display!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

It's cold and rainy here -- not much summer anything at the moment.

Alison said...

I don't like to wish the seasons away, but I will admit I am looking forward to the Autumnal Equinox in September!