Sunday 4 June 2023

Return to the Wallingford Bookshop

We went to Wallingford recently, one of my favourite towns in England. Of course I made time to return to the Wallingford Bookshop. This had been long overdue: I think my last visit dated back to September. I behaved, I only bought one book. It is my wife who found it. She just said: "I have seen one you might like." I asked her to show it to me to save time, as it was late in the day. And yes, I did like the look of it and bought it. It's not the first time it happened, and in this very bookshop. I said I only bought one book, but this is not quite true: I also ordered one through them. I will tell you which one in another post, but let's just say now that I find it nice that I will buy a novel that is now hard to find thanks to a bookshop and not Amazon. I feel kind of proud of my initiative.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I hope they greeted you like a long-lost friend!