Saturday 10 June 2023

Summer Books 2023

Well, I don't like summer much, as you know, that said my last visit to the Wallingford Bookshop gave me at least one good reason to tolerate it. A new season means new books being released. And they had a leaflet about it. Some freebie provided by Books Are My Bag. Since freebies are in my price range, I picked one up. I must confess, while I always take one of these leaflets when I see them in an indie bookshop, I have yet to buy any booklisted there. But it is always nice to see the new releases. And when I read something good, it makes summertime go faster.

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Freebies are in my price range too, lol!

Alison said...

If you use Kindle, I can highly recommend Hourly History. Each read is the history of people and events that can be read in an hour, and free as well. I've got a load of them on my Kindle that I'm slowly working my through. The current read is about the Inquisition. The last one was about the late Japanese emperor, Hirohito. I had no idea there was talk of trying him as a war criminal after the Second World War, but I found out about it from the read.