Monday 26 June 2023

About Iced Tea

 We went to see my wife's family this weekend. To my surprise, I saw my sister-in-law drinking... iced tea. The M&S range, which from what I understand is new. I said to my surprise, aslike her sister I know she does not like tea one bit. But she told me she now likes iced tea. Strangely enough, the same happened to my mother, she found a place in Montreal that serve an ice tea she enjoyed, because it is apparently very refreshing. So these conversations got me in the mood for this drink myself, which I haven't had since 2019. Back in 1999, in my very first few weeks in England, when I had started studying here, they were providing free bottles of iced tea for new students during freshers week. I must have drunk gallons of the stuff. I remember it was Twinings. I cannot find them anymore, which is a shame, as I really enjoyed it. Maybe because it was a freebie, but still. In any case, I have decided to drink iced tea again and see if it is as enjoyable as I remembered.

3 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i make iced tea about every three days and we have it in the fridge all summer long. my mother did the same when i was young. my son's mother-in-law was here last weekend and she kept asking me which mix i use. i couldn't understand the question until my daughter-in-law told her, she doesn't use a mix, she makes it from scratch. i never even think of why someone would use a mix. it's really easy to make it.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'm with Joyce -- never use a mix! Just make regular tea, let it cool and stick it in the fridge! Refreshing and delicious! If you use a flavourful tea, you don't even need sugar in it.

Alison said...

I went to high school with two sisters who were originally from Tennessee. They called their father "Daddy" or "Sir", their mother "Momma" or "M'am". And they made iced tea from scratch. I wish now I'd asked for the recipe because it was absolutely delicious!

Lipton used to do a pretty decent iced tea in glass bottles. I've not had it in a long time so can't vouch for it now.