Tuesday 13 June 2023

"A talk with the weather"

 A few days ago, my wife and I were waiting for Wolfie's end of day and were talking to one of the mums. We were of course talking about the weather, because this is what we do in this country, and the fact that it was actually sunny and warm. She said: "Well, it better be, we're in June, it's meant to be summer now. It didn't feel like it a few days ago. I need to have a talk with the weather." I actually much prefer cooler temperatures (although I kept it for myself), but it is far to say that she expressed a feeling shared by many and I thought this deserved to be a great unknown line.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Ah yes, the British obsession with the weather. I suppose its because its more often than not wet and miserable. Interestingly, these same people complain when its very warm here, but are happy to do as many hot weather breaks in Spain etc.. as they can. Go figure.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I refuse to believe that the British are more obsessed with the weather than Canadians. The weather is ALL we talk about here.