Sunday 9 October 2022

Preparing for trick or treat

For today's countdown to Halloween post, let's talk about trick or treat for a moment, I am feeling quite ashamed: I haven't yet bought sweets for the children who will come here for trick or treat. I want to have a few things just in case, although there are never many people showing up. I am also trying to convince Wolfie to do it this year, he is of two minds about it. My parents are already pretty much set, as this picture proves it: they bought chocolates, crisps and even prepared special bags for the children. Small bags for the random kids that will show up, bigger ones for the children of friends. In little baskets too. I am green with envy.

2 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i would like to trick or treat at your parent's house! this week we will be making close to 150 treat bags to pass out. we've gained a reputation in the neighborhood over the years and everyone comes here.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

This year we're giving out mini chocolate bars, foil-wrapped chocolate eyeballs, and foil-wrapped chocolate jack-o-lanterns.