Sunday 16 October 2022

Toffee Apple (with a twist)

For today's countdown to Halloween post, a seasonal classic: the toffee apple. Or candy apple, as they call it in the US, but I prefer the British term. Halloween is also about eating, after all and this dessert is one of the . I am not a fan of toffee apples, read this post from 2008 for the details. But this one was different: it was not a real toffee apple. In fact, it was a white chocolate mousse, coated in toffee, with at its very core some genuine applesauce (with chunks of apples in it, see it gave it some authenticity) I ate it in a local restaurant last Sunday. I regret nothing. I loved it, but not enough to make peace with the real thing.

4 comments:

jaz@octoberfarm said...

that's cool. i've never seen one of these before. in the states these are called caramel apples. candy apples are the ones coated in red taffy and are mostly called taffy apples.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'd much rather eat that than the real thing too!

Dex said...

Hi Guillaume, thanks for being in the Countdown again! If you want to see some crazy apples, Google up Disney candy apples.

Tee said...

Love the plating! Looks good.