Wednesday 26 October 2022

The Ideal Haunted House

For today's countdown to Halloween post, another trip down memory lane and another post about Usborne classic All About Ghosts, a chilchood favourite of mine. There is a whole section on haunted houses, two pages back to back, with lots of phenomenons one could expect in such places. This is, in essence, an ideal haunted house, with enough ghosts or manifestations to fill a whole neighbourhood. The house has an uncanny resemblance with the Victorian house I lived in during my time in Liverpool. The surroundings are a bit different, but the basic architecture is similar. But anyway, when I was a child, this haunted house because the haunted house of our games. I once said that the problem with haunted houses in horror stories was that one could just leave the darn place. That said, I wonder if one would just live there just experiencing paranormal activities. Maybe it is my spooky mind talking, but isn't this place a dream house, haunted or not? Be that as it may, this haunted house in All About Ghosts became the inspiration for many, many games and will one day I hope be the inspiration for one ghost story or two.