Friday 20 November 2020

The Old Playmobil Castle

Last weekend, Wolfie decided that he wanted to build his old Playmobil castle. I say old, because for a toy, it is indeed quite old: my son received it two years from his maternal uncle, who had first given it to his own daughter. Since our niece is now a young adult he gave us a few buckets of her old toys. Among them, the famous castle. Wolfie had often played with it before, but it was the very first time when he had decided to properly build it, following the plan. I think there are still a few pieces missing, the action figures are mostly gone, that said we managed to do a fairly good job with it, as you can see on the picture. It was not easy, as I am not very technical and not much of an architect (Wolfie is far better, he's a natural builder and he understood the plan very well). It took us the weekend and I was quite proud of the result and of my son even more, even though there were still a few pieces to put on. Unfortunately, the very next day Wolfie walked into my office telling me that he had decided to bring the castle down so he could make room for... another train track. I felt quite sad.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Next time you buy something from IKEA, get Wolfie to put it together. The kid's a natural!