Thursday 19 November 2020

Allotment Offer

 When she got back from dropping Wolfie had preschool yesterday morning, my wife bumped into one of our neighbours, one we don't know much. She was quite chatty and seemed eager to convince my wife to rent an allotment nearby which she is in charge of. The offer is tempting, we would love to grow our own fruits, vegetables and maybe flowers, but we both think we lack time and discipline to take care of an allotment. My wife said that she was suprised the neighbour made this offer, given the sorry state of our front garden. "Anybody who had paid attention to it would know we are ill fit to take care of an allotment." I replied: "Angel, this is proof that nobody cares about our front garden." Which I think deserves to be a new great unknown line. Anyway, the offer is quite reassuring in a way: we can't be that bad gardeners.