Sunday 1 November 2020

Post-Halloween blues

 Well, here we go again, All Saint's Day, so I have my post-Halloween blues. As usual. The beginning of November always does that to me, but I will try to beat it as soon as possible. I will let you know how I do it in future posts, but give me your suggestions in the comments if you have any. I have actually got better at it and made peace with the month of November. Also, at least this year the first of the month comes on a Sunday, so it should go more easily than last years. All the same though: I got the post-Halloween blues.

3 comments:

Deadpan Flook said...

I just try and keep the Halloween type celebrations going for a couple of extra days...it's time for Day of the Dead in Mexico, so I use that as an excuse! And then on the 5th we have Bonfire night in the UK, with fireworks and flames, so that keeps things going a bit longer too! And then of course, there's Creepmas!

Hope you manage to conquer the post-Halloween blues anyway!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, there's always a let-down after any big holiday. Back to reality!

Old Fashion Halloween said...

The struggle is real. Expectations were lower this year with a pandemic so any celebrating safely was welcome. Taking Halloween down is still not done so I haven't had the big let down yet. I normally have a day off the dead altar on Nov. 1st and it was not set up this year. The stress of the election here in the US is so all consuming there hasn't been much quiet time to reflect.

One way I try to hold back the blues is planning for next year. How we will decorate and celebrate next year. Halloween also lives year round inside the house so that helps. One of your quiet readers and I use your French entries to practice reading when things slow down.