Monday 23 November 2020

Meeting over a mince pie

18 years ago today I met my wife. I told the story before, but suffice to say that it was in the uni's hall of residences where I lived and I was eating a mince pie. More details in this post. Every year since that day, I have a mince pie as a dessert. Even though I don't like mince pies all that much. Neither does my wife. I was curious about it back then, or maybe there was a discount on mince pies where I used to shop or something, in any case I had decided to buy some. I cannot remember the brand I got then. This year, I have decided to buy a pack from M&S, because from experience they are among the best of mince pies (although in all those years I cannot honestly say that I have become a connoisseur).

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, you romantic! always having a mince pie on the anniversary of your meeting!

I love mince pies. Well, little mince tarts actually. A whole big slice of mince pie is a lot to eat at one sitting.

jaz@octoberfarm said...

i didn't make my mincemeat pies this year. since we are in quarantine, it's hard to get the ingrdients.