Saturday 7 November 2020

Last visit at the bookshops

Well, when I say the last visit, I don't mean my very last, but the last until the new lockdown, which has started on Thursday. So before lockdown, when I went to buy some extra supplies for the days ahead, I stopped briefly at our local independent bookshop and bought one book, then stopped at the outdoorsy secondhand bookshop and bought another book. The second one cost me £1, so it was not much of an investment, but every little helps. I don't know when I will be there again, but I do want the businesses to survive and thrive, so I did my share. And I know I will need lots of books in the coming weeks of lockdown, so it is not a completely selfless gesture. And I know I will miss the bookshops during lockdown.

1 comment:

Gwen Buchanan said...

oh man, I sure wish all this locking down would be over soon. so hard on everyone and business. But good for you for thinking ahead and gathering books. Books are the best. Good luck.