Saturday 21 November 2020

The Manchurian Candidate for #Noirvember

I know I gave as a reading suggestion The Manchurian Candidate by Richard Condon, back in 2017, but it struck me recently that both the original novel and the movie adaptation (the 1962 one, not the ludicrous remake) would make a great read/watch for #Noirvember. I started reading it back in 2016, a few weeks after the results of the American election, then I kept watching and rewatching the movie. Given the way certain pathetic people are trying to deny the results and are barely hiding their intention to execute a coup d'état, I keep thinking that we should all revisit The Manchurian Candidate. And make sure we never let the spiritual heirs of John and Eleonor Iselin take power again.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great movie (the original one, of course)!