Tuesday 17 November 2020

I, The Jury for #Noirvember

As it is #Noirvember, I am reading a lot of crime fiction. Okay, so I read crime fiction all year round or almost, but #Noirvember (how do you cann it by the way, a hashtag, a social media phenomenon, a festival?) helps me to get through the month like it's no big deal. Anyway, so I am currently reading I, The Jury, the debut novel by Mickey Spillane. It is also the first story featuring private eye Mike Hammer. I must confess, I never read Spillane before, although I had of course heard of him and read a good deal about him. Both good and bad. So far, I am enjoying it a lot. Spillane may not be Chandler or Hammet, but he can write hardboiled and the novel is suitably dark and violent for Noirvember. In fact, this may be one of the most suitable work of crime fiction for the month. A match made in Heaven, or in Hell.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, I read this book a long time ago and enjoyed it, if I recall correctly. Mickey Spillane!