Friday 27 April 2018

California Dreamin'

I am sharing this song tonight, in the honour of my brother PJ, who has recently moved to California because he got a big job there. There are plenty of songs about California, this one is maybe not my favourite, but I wanted something positive (somewhat) and my favourite is dark, moody and dreary (I will let you guess which one I am referring to). California Dreamin' is not exactly upbeat, in fact it is melancholic, but  it has plenty of hope and, well, dreams. Here, while it is not winter, the sky is as grey as grey can be. So anyway, here is its most famous version performed by The Mamas & the Papas (what a silly name, Yanks are not too good with band names, but I digress). I hope you enjoy.

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats to your brother! I hope he likes living in the USA.