Wednesday 15 April 2015

Guess who?

I blogged about it before in French, but thought about revisiting it in a post in English. During our last holiday at my parents-in-laws' place, we got woken up every morning by the birds in the garden and the nearby woods. Their respective cry, mainly, but also the tic-tic-tic-tok of the woodpecker pecking. At first I thought it was a machine doing it, some kind of drill or something. It may sound stupid, but when you are still groggy from a long night's sleep it does sound mechanical. Then it struck me that it was a woodpecker. And of course it reminded me of Woody Woodpecker, who was my childhood's matinees' hero and my favourite toon character ever. More than Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Speedy Gonzalez, Road Runner, Tom and Jerry or whoever. I am a Woody Woodpecker fan. So I found it very fitting the woodpecker at work every morning. And every time I could hear the theme tune of the cartoon... This one:

1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Well, that theme song brought back a lot of memories!